We all are very well aware of the coconut because of its great versatility, as exhibited by many uses, ranging from food to cosmetic. Coconut, especially coconut water, is said to have a good amount of nutrients to provide health benefits to human. But at the same time coconut is also helpful in gardening. Apart from coconut coir or coco husk, which can be used as potting mix, we can also use coconut water as fertilizer. Let’s discuss the benefits of using Coconut Water in Gardening.
Coconut Water can actually benefit your garden and the plants.
- Coconut water can replace any grow formula. If you feed your plants with coconut water then it will help your plant to grow faster and more vigorously.
- We have a misconception that coconut is a fruit but coconut is a seed, infect the biggest seed on planet earth. Just like any other seed, it contains enough nutrition for the plant to grow until it develops sufficient leaves to make its own food.
- Coco water has cytokinins hormones that signal the plant to divide cells in the roots and growing shoots, equaling explosive growth.
- It also has gibberellic acid, which increases germination of seeds and root development in cuttings, so you can always use it in your seed starting mix instead of plain water.
- Coconut water is also a great source of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals that are needed by your plants.
- Dilute coconut water before applying it to your plants. Mix 50 ml coconut water per 1 L plain water.
- Use fresh & raw coconut.
- Please be aware of the difference between coconut water and coconut milk. Coconut milk is heavily processed and boiled from the tough meat of the older, brown coconut seed and may have had its cytokinins denatured in the rendering process.